Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Why????

It is time. I look forward into the future and come to the stark realization that I am about to get screwed again. I wouldn't expect anything less really. My generation realized awhile ago that although things seem to be going swimmingly we would be left with the bill and an apology. I'm not sure we are going to get that apology.

GenX is incapable of producing a hero or heroine, if you prefer. We do what we do not because we want to rise to the occasion but because we are obligated to do it. I will do my best to speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

We have become a society of consumers with an entitlement complex. We think it is our God given right to drive a BMW 7 series and live in a McMansion in the suburbs. The time to pay the tab is coming quickly and we have no room left on our collective credit cards.

I am afraid of what the future brings and that the United States will bear no semblance of what it once was. This is why I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment